Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Ist Day of Invasion in Zamboanga City

The government employees waiting for the order of our mayor, 
There is no order what they need to do.   



I want to document what was happening during the invasion in my hometown Zamboanga City. It was September 9, 2013, 5 A. M. Early morning Philippine times.

That was September 8, 2013 here in America, I'm busy preparing food for my father's birthday that we are going to celebrate together with my sister Mariam. At that moment we receive the bad news,
My niece Jennela saw a post on twitter and facebook that there's a war going on in our hometown. She then called our relatives in the Philippines for confirmation and to know they're well-being.

Accordingly, our hometown is being attacked by the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF).
I called my sister (Mariam) right away to inform her what had happened. We both tried to contact them (our relatives in Zamboanga) right away and ask what happened.

The story goes like this:
My brother Boy is preparing (that early morning) to drop her eldest daughter, Cherry Anne in the hospital site. Then he met Nonoy, afraid and screaming saying "evacuate to TRES ALAS (a Corporation in our area in Martha Drive, Sta. Catalina) and send the children and women because
We are being invaded by Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF)." They all panic at that moment.
George's children and Nonoy's manage to go to TRES ALAS. Later in the afternoon, Boy bring his children and wife to the Corporation but unfortunately, that place is already full so, he need to run again to dropped them in Hon. Guingona's house.

We keep contacting them through their cellphone. We are restless, stress, and panicky as well.
During that night I feel sorry for them. That is the first night they are separated from each other,
I hear children crying, we could not sleep during that night, Keep thinking for their situation till morning. That will be morning in the Philippines.

Please continue to 2nd Day of Invasion.

By: ShehGarLynn

No comments:

Post a Comment